It is not easy learning to live in a different country. I am sharing my experiences and hope someone will find it useful whether living here in Greece or any other country.

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Summer of 2015

It has been awhile since I posted, thought I better get something done. After a long rainy and cold winter summer finally arrived. A few fires have been in the mountains already due to hot and dry conditions, and a little lack of intelligence in people. Have had some very windy days, and it makes it hard for the fire fighters to get fires under control. The government has been battling out their budget, and requesting another loan to help the government stay above water. Poor people seems to always get the short end of the stick. Seems to be contagious all over the world in these times. Raising taxes, due to government failures, adds more burdens to people. I am not much into government business, so I rest my case on that subject.
July now and very hot 97 degrees F. I stay inside on these kind of days due to health issues. Almost too hot to even go to the beaches. It would be so crowded you probably couldn't enjoy yourself. Evening are nice. We usually take our small dog out when the sun sits for a walk and stop by a local coffee shop for a cool orange juice or other things good for staying cool. It would be nice to have some rains for a few days. The sun is blazing hot even a 8 am in the morning. It is nice if you are a sun person. Hope to get to a few more islands before winter time. It is tourist season and prices are a little high, I just say, "what the heck, you only live once". But I use some common sense on prices, after all their is still house payments, bills to pay and need to keep food on the table. ~~~CCP~~ 7-29-2015

1 comment:

IRINI said...

WAS NICE SPENDING SOME OFF MY HOIDAY MOMENTS WITH U THIS SUMMER